Friday 13 January 2012

New Blog/Project

I've set up a new blog, called The Journal of Laxmi Guptra Dahl, at http://yoonsuin.tumblr.com.

The conceit of this blog is that a traveller called Laxmi Guptra Dahl wrote an account of his journeys through Yoon-Suin, and his journal washed up on a distant shore some time after his death. Now, scholars in that faraway land have salvaged what they could from his account, and put it together into an edited volume. The blog is a representation of their handiwork.

It stems from my desire to present the bulk of the Yoon-Suin setting in the form of a travelogue, or an item of "in-world" realia, rather than a boring campaign world source-book.

11 comments:

  1. This pleases me beyond all expression. Pleased take my joyous expressions of fanboyish glee as read.

    ...

    Is anyone else having trouble with the RSS feed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean how to find it? At the top left of the page there should be a little black tab with a gear on it. Click that and a menubar will fall down with an RSS symbol, and you just click on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, saw that. I mean after subscribing. My reader just comes up with "author unknown" and "feed could not be found" messages.

    No biggy. Just wanted to be sure I hadn't broken the internet or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just tried it and get the same problem. I'll see if I can fiddle around with it and get it working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same boat here re: the RSS feed... (excited about the new project)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im curious why you are using tumblr which I hadn't heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! I looked forward to more Yoon-Suin stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see more! I have been waiting to read more of your setting for some time now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The feed seems to be working for me now, though is still title-less.

    Kent: Just fancied a change!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My RSS feed appears to be up and running. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete