- Slugman and crabman classes. I've already decided that slugmen are essentially mage/priest mixtures and crabmen are fighter types. But coming up with XP progressions, spell lists, saving throws and the like is a fiddly task that I frankly can't be bothered with at the moment.
- Maps. I have maps drawn up freehand on paper, but they are not hexified, and I lack the artistic capabilities to come up with really nice looking maps using a computer.
- Art generally. Let's face it, I can't really draw.
- Format. My heart wants to go with an encyclopedia, with the conceit that it was written by explorers to Yoon-suin who gathered together first-hand accounts, scientific and philosophical treatises, and extracts from journals - with just a minimum of crunch in an appendix at the back. I'm not sure how practical that will be, though.
- Accesibility. I have a tendency to let creativity get the better of me. Too many unpronouncable words and alien concepts might become problematic.
- Time. This is a problem with which I'm sure you are familar.
Thursday, 9 July 2009
Miscellaneous Barriers to Progress
I'm still mucking around with some basic Yoon-suin-related bits and pieces. Current barriers to progress are: