Top 5 Tom Waits lyrics you could base a game around:
1. We sail tonight for Singapore/don't fall asleep while you're ashore/cross your heart and hope to die/when you hear the children cry. A horror campaign set, obviously, in Singapore. Preferably 1920s Singapore. With Star Spawn of Cthulu.
2. Theres nothing sadder than a town with no cheer/Vic rail decided the canteen was no longer necessary there/no spirits, no bilgewater, and 80 dry locals/and the high noon sun beats a hundred and four/there's a hummingbird trapped in a closed down shoe store. Clearly Dogs in the Vineyard.
3. He went down, down, down/and the devil said "Where you been?". Paladins in the Seven Hells or the Abyss, anyone?
4. I plugged 16 shells from a thirty-ought-six/and a black crow snuck through/a hole in the sky/so I spent all my buttons/on an old pack mule. Nomads travelling the wastes of post apocalyptic Cyberpunk 2020 Australia.
5. Well I pulled on trouble's braids/and I hid in the briars/out by the quick mud/staying away from the main roads/passing out wolf tickets/downwind from the blood hounds. Escapees from a chain gang or prison breakers on the run, using Deadlands.