Thursday 6 May 2021

Art Contest and Prize

I run a weekly online BECMI game, now approaching its 20th session. One of the characters, Laren Dar (an Etruscan Fighter played by Patrick S) has amassed quite a collection of accoutrements during his adventures. At the end of today's session, we joked that he is now starting to look like a 5e character.

It then occurred to me: wouldn't it be great to have somebody do his picture?

Then it occurred to me: wouldn't it be great to do this as a competition on the blog, for a special prize?

So, here goes. If you would like to enter the competition, draw a colour picture of Laren Dar (described below) and send it to me at noismsgames {at} protonmail {dot} com. The best entry wins the prize of the complete 1st level of the megadungeon inside a giant tree, mapped and keyed which Laren and his comrades are currently exploring.

Laren Dar is:

An Etruscan fighting man wielding a magical Thracian axe and shield, wearing a wooden helmet shaped like a soldier-ant's head, a wooden breastplate decorated with soldier ant pictographs, a red silk surcoat covered in strange Etruscan lettering in gold, and a cloak made out of falcon feathers. 

Send me your art work by 30th June to claim your reward. 

5 comments:

  1. Ha! If I win the competition I promise not to look at the map. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also the surcoat has a magic-missile sized hole in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And don't forget the image of the goddess Nortia on the shield and the fact he is always carrying a hammer and nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just submitted my entry! Hopefully the deadline is midnight of June 30 ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just sent my entry. Sorry that it's a day late, I'm trash.

    ReplyDelete