Tuesday 23 June 2020

Yoon-Suin Maps and Layout Bat Signal

So, a second edition of Yoon-Suin is going to happen. It seems serendipitous that lulu can no longer print the book (see recent posts), and my 'red line' of only doing a proper fancy second edition if there was extensive new content has been fulfilled by a recent flourish of creative inspiration. I also have a publisher who is reliable and can organise things effectively. 

I expect there will be a kickstarter reasonably soon. Words and art are arranged, but it will be necessary to have somebody to work on layout, and also somebody to provide usable-at-the-table maps. If you are good at layout, and/or good at drawing gaming maps, preferably with a history of working on completed books, then please get in touch with me at noismsgames AT protonmail.com and provide samples. 

Please do not reply in the comments saying you want to do it or providing links and whatnot (or suggestions either, for that matter). Email me instead! 

You are of course welcome to post other things - praise, abuse, advice, vicious and hateful diatribes, or otherwise - in the comments as desired. 

15 comments:

  1. What does this mean for the version currently on drivethrurpg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question and something I am thinking about. The new version might be print only, but nothing is decided.

      Delete
  2. I am bad at hateful diatribes, so I will just have to say that this sounds awesome and I hope it becomes reality. At least you got me on the KS already.
    P.S. I am shot at layouting and maps, so don't ask ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about Northumberland Yoon-Suin tho, is that still in the cards???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so and the first draft was finished around the end of May.

      Delete
  4. Ooh.. does that mean my first edition copy will now become a feverishly sought after collectors item which I can sell to fund my retirement?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously though this is great news. The world needs more slugmen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of amazed that this is happening!I never really believed that there would be a second edition of Yoon-suin.
    Will there be new material within the book? If so I will definitely be funding it. I hope the new material will be more tool-kits for you to create your own version of the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely cannot wait to trade currency for book. Go all out. Lavish production. Crazy high grade textured paper. Ink made of gold. I'm in.

    Most of all, though, good luck to you and your team. And do be sure to post if there's some what we (I) unskilled nerds can be of service otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what I was planning to ask! If you can say, what kind of new material will be in the new edition of Yoon-Suin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished a 70 session campaign which was a mix of Yoon Suin and OSR adventures. We used The Mountains of the Moon, Druk Yul, The Yellow City and the Old City.

    After the game finished I had a flick through my Yoon Suin book and marveled at just how much more I want to do with it.

    I suspect I'm a day 1 backer for this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to talk to you about doing the layout work for the book but I can't find your email address.

    -Tim

    ReplyDelete
  11. This puts me in a bit of a bind as I was about to buy the current PDF, but would prefer a print version and SECOND EDITION, OH MY, OH MY.

    Ah, what the hell, I'll just throw the money at you anyway, I'm sure you deserve it. And it'll give me something to read while I wait for the Kickstarter to rumble into gear.

    ReplyDelete