- Yer Man Tolkien - Everything.
- Gene Wolfe - Mostly The Wizard Knight, and of course The Book of the New Sun.
- M. John Harrison - The Viriconium series.
- China Mieville - The Scar and Iron Council.
- Steve Jackson (UK) and Ian Livingstone - All of the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, especially The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, The Citadel of Chaos and The Crypt of the Sorcerer.
- Steve Jackson (UK) - The Sorcery! series.
- Tony Diterlizzi - His art.
- John Howe - His art too. (Not literary influences, you say? Shut up.)
- Brother's Grimm - Grimms' Fairy Tales.
- Egil's Saga.
- Kenneth Grahame - The Wind in the Willows.
- Rudyard Kipling - The Man Who Would Be King (and the film).
- Kim Stanley Robinson - The Years of Rice and Salt.
- Bernard Cornwell - Everything.
- John Grant (and Joe Dever) - The Legends of Lone Wolf novels.
Monday, 11 May 2009
This week has been ridiculously busy and I've been drinking all day, so in lieu of purposeful content, a meme - namely Zach's "What's Your Appendix N?" idea.