Saturday 26 December 2009

Give Me Your Art

Hope you all had a good Christmas and Boxing Day (do people in the barbaric wastes of North America know what that is?) finds you well.

Doug Easterly, of Savage Swords of Athanor fame, has put his setting materials into pdf format and offered them for sale on Lulu. If that isn't a kick up the backside for the likes of me I don't know what is. I've been fiddling around with Yoon-Suin stuff for what feels like forever, without any genuine progress. That's about to change.

Anyway, you all know how regrettable and criminally poor my artwork is. So I thought I'd throw out a plea for contributions. If you are in some way artistically talented, would like to see your work in a two-bit pdf cobbled together by an incompetent hack, don't mind working for free (the pdf release of Yoon-Suin will be free, maybe with a paypal donation button if I'm feeling particularly whorish), and if the idea of slug people riding around on giant house centipedes turns you on, then send me an email and we'll talk. I'm envisaging a scenario in which I send you bits and pieces of inspirational text and you send me something vaguely appropriate which ends up in the final product. (I want to maintain at least some standards, so let's introduce the proviso "if it's better than what I can do and there's space".) My email address is jean DOT delumeau AT that gmail thing.

All the Yoon-Suin related posts can be found by clicking here.

11 comments:

  1. I have no idea if this would be of use to you but I do weapon pencil sketches as a hobby. You can peruse them here: Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/

    Feel free to use hem as reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can certainly search through my blog to see some of the artwork I've done for my own campaigns.

    Aside from that I may still have some stuff up at deviantart under
    http://barkingalien.deviantart.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Canadians do Boxing Day, but I'm not sure.

    I'd be happy to help out. You can take a look at some of my art here to see if it's the kind of thing you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...if the idea of slug people riding around on giant house centipedes turns you on, then send me an email and we'll talk."

    Who doesn't want to see how google search terms used to find Monsters and Manuals changes in the light of this post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. remind me in a few days. right now i'm in canada.

    where they do have boxing day, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we know what Boxing Day is. Canada has it.
    Which apparently two people have said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do indeed have Boxing Day in Canada ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yoon-Suin material re-organised for pdf and free of charge. Well well, that's the spirit. No harm in sticking in your own scribblings as 'authentic cave scratchings' or children's dreams captured under hypnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tetsubo: If I need any pictures of weapons I'll be sure to let you know!

    Barking Alien: Very nice. Send me an email.

    Kelvingreen: Ditto for you.

    Chris: Heh. I'll have to perform one of my six-monthly feedburner checks.

    Zak S: Sure.

    Rach: Yes, they have.

    Taichara: Good to know some people over the pond know how to do Christmas properly.

    Kent: Authentic cave scratchings, I like it. And a very apt description.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you on the art skills. I'm seriously lacking and seriously jealous of those who can.

    My own pitiful renderings are less than inspiring.

    At least you seem to have a whimsy to yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure, why not? Drop me an email:
    chris@chrishuth.com

    ReplyDelete