Wednesday 6 August 2014

Yoon-Suin Sample

I thought I'd post a few pages from Yoon-Suin to show what kind of thing I'm playing around with regarding layout. The first page is a chapter heading; the second is a section of the bestiary; the third is a table from the Yellow City chapter. The picture of the slug-man is by an Australian illustrator called Matthew Adams.

Things may not look exactly centred. That's because I'm formatting it to be used for a POD version so the margins are slightly longer on either the left or right side depending on the page. As you'll see, it's going to be landscape. I prefer it that way.

I selected three pages from the full Word document and simply copied them into a second document to make into picture files, which is why the second and third pages are numbered '2' and '3'. These pages obviously don't come directly after each other. Anyway, hopefully it gives an insight into what the final product is shaping up to look like, and proves that the whole thing isn't a mere figment of my imagination.






4 comments:

  1. Looks great. I'm looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool! Is that some wacky European paper size, or is it bound at the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's landscape - this is lulu's standard margins for a landscape page. There are a lot of tables with lots of columns, so it makes more sense to use landscape - at least to me!

      Delete