Monday 9 June 2008

Caterpillar List

You know how you sometimes have a few caterpillars of ideas crawling around the empty space inside your head, but none of them has yet matured into the butterfly of a proper blog entry? Today is one of those days. So, I bring you, A Short List of Things That Have Caught My Attention:

  • Max has picked up his own idea and run much further with it than I did when I ripped him off a few entries ago. Borges and D&D are clearly more a match made in heaven than anybody has previously realised.
  • There is a new blog out there called The RPG Corner, which judging by its first few entries is going to be good reading. The blogger is tentatively working his way through the 4e books from the perspective of, I think it's fair to say, a relative skeptic.
  • Tony DiTerlizzi, who together with John Howe and Donato Giancola is top of the list for me when it comes to fantasy art, is running a Planescape retrospective at his blog. Planescape is my favourite setting ever, so I'm paging through the one or two Planescape books I have here with me in Japan and getting all bleary-eyed and nostalgic about it.
  • I'm going to see if I can get a group together to run real-life, tabletop Sir Gawain and the Green Knight Risus, and/or the Burning Wheel. And 2nd edition AD&D Planescape!

A proper entry tomorrow, perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for pimping my blog! I'm really enjoying yours--and your great Monstrous Manual thread over on RPG.net. :)

    ReplyDelete