Thursday 12 January 2023

Yoon-Suin Kickstarter - LAUNCHED

The Kickstarter for Yoon-Suin 2nd edition is launched!


There are three substantive reward tiers.

Crab-man fighter gets you the PDF when completed.

Slug-man scholar gets you the print+PDF when completed.

Major rakhosh gets you the print+PDF when completed, and exclusive access to a series of podcasts in which I construct a version of Yoon-Suin and give a 'director's commentary' on the book's contents.

On a personal note, this has been a long time coming. People have regularly asked over the years for a 2nd edition of Yoon-Suin, especially once a change in lulu's production methods meant a print version was no longer available. But I always swore that I wouldn't do another version until there was a really good reason - in the form of new material.

I'm pleased that the volume which will be released will be more Yoon-Suin, both substantively (in the form of lots of new appendices and, in particular, 12 large adventure sites that are ready to run), and in terms of art and 'feel'. It will be a bit of a behemoth (400 pages plus), but with almost no fat - this will be, I promise, a heavyweight boxer of a book.

And yes, I am afraid it is also going to be in landscape format and there's nothing you can do about it.

17 comments:

  1. I'm very excited for this. Congrats on making it this far in the process, and thanks for your commitment to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Backed! But please don't use gamesquest for fulfillment. They're awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Would you care to explain why in more detail?

      Delete
  3. Unsurprisingly, you'll be funded by day two...at worst! Congratulations. I appreciate your emphasis on art in your projects. The styles are different but good in their own way! I'm especially excited about the art in The Great North.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. Yes, I like art that is a little bit outside the norm for modern RPGs. Matt Adams and Tom Kilian have very different styles but they are both outside the mainstream, and that's what I like.

      Delete
  4. This looks awesome! Let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Quick question... For "Slug-Man Scholar" level it says that the price doesn't include shipping. I'm in the UK. When I select UK I have the option to change my pledge from £30. What is the shipping for the UK? Is it actually included or will it be calculated later in Backerkit or similar? All the best with the KS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be calculated later - thanks for the question!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the answer. Backed!

      Delete
  6. Already backed. Here's hoping it's a rousing success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finally getting it started. The results should be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the near universal acclaim of YS 1, I'd say the bar is probably astronomical. I will look on your endaevours with interest.

      And happy newyears btw.

      Delete
  8. Backed! Totally looking forwards to this - got the first book and it rocks!

    ReplyDelete