This year I will be launching a new zine, In the Hall of the Third Blue Wizard. It is now open for submissions for its first volume (printing to be funded by a kickstarter in spring).
I copy below the blurb from the Noisms Games website:In the Hall of the Third Blue Wizard is a new magazine which publishes hexmaps, dungeons and adventure sites for ‘old school’ fantasy games; art; and fantasy fiction.
- An original hexmap, dungeon or adventure site, accompanied by a fully keyed map (this does not need to be aesthetically pleasing - merely clear and legible), with the minimal stats necessary for use in standard ‘old school’ fantasy games (minimum 2,000/maximum 10,000 words)
- An original work of art, in full colour, in at least 300dpi format, for a B5 page (full or half page)
- An original short work of fantasy fiction (maximum 5,000 words)
- £300 for a piece of cover art
- £200 for a full-page piece of art
- £100 for a half-page piece of art
- 2.5p per word for hexmaps, dungeons and adventure sites (no payment is made for the maps themselves)
- 3p per word for fiction