What is the World of TSRan?
As the name suggests, the World of TSRan is a campaign setting which takes the predicates of TSR-era D&D and follows through on them seriously. It is a world in which:
- There are such things in the world as alignments; they are real things that (some) people are aware exist; and there is a cosmic conflict between law, neutrality and chaos taking place in the background at all times
- The geographic regions are like mirrored refractions of the real world, and contain human cultures which are likewise mirrored refractions of those found in our own world's history, anachronistically jumbled up (pseudo-medieval Europe; pseudo-classical antiquity Mediterranean; pseudo-ancient Babylon; pseudo-medieval Arabia; pseudo-Incas, etc.).
- There is a very large variety of monsters in the world, drawing on all the material in the many Monster/Monstrous Manuals produced during the TSR era.
- There are outer and inner planes which are discoverable and accessible through special means.
- There are devils and demons who take an active role in events.
- Elves, dwarves, halflings, orcs, goblins and the like roughly conform to their classical stereotypes.
- There are psionics as well as magic.