Sunday 7 August 2011

Educating Noisms

I have a nuts-and-bolts question: my Monster Manual PDF is close to completion, but the unedited version is 2200 pages long and around 8 MB in size. The final version will likely be even longer.


Can anyone recommend a good, preferably free, file hosting service to which I can upload it?


SUPPLEMENTARY EDIT: Seeing as this is a 'meta' sort of post, I'll take the opportunity to say that I'm catching up on 'following' all the blogs that I subscribed to manually via the RSS feed on Google Reader. So if I suddenly appear as one of your 'followers', it's not that I haven't been reading your blog for years; it's that I was doing it in alternate form.

6 comments:

  1. I have used both Google Docs and Mediafire with success. I seem to remember that Mediafire links expire after a while, but I've had things sitting on my Google Docs for years unattended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, Google Docs, you say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a domain and space that I use for my documents. I would be happy to host it for you. Plenty of bandwidth available each month too. It is my swordplusone.com site (I only use it for downloads actually).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found Google Docs to be a bit slow when handling large files, but I've had good experiences with Google Sites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much for the offer, Mike D. But I've been fiddling around with Google Sites today and it seems workable. Thanks for the tips everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropbox. You can set up an account, put files in the "Public" folder and post the downloadable link. They never expire, and there are no download limits or required accounts to download.

    Plus you get 2 GB of free space and extremely good filesharing to boot.

    ReplyDelete